Saturday, January 9, 2010

A New Legend Begins....

I woke up with a mild headache on Friday morning. I chose to go with my friends to the Belgian Waffle Hut after my job at UPS for some 3 AM breakfast, which resulted in a few hours less sleep than normal - worth it. I showered and readied myself for my next job. I went downstairs and Meg was still at the house. She called in to her job because she wasn't feeling great due to some painful contractions. She had been having contractions for a couple of weeks but they never really hurt before. She called the hospital and they told her to come in to see what was up.

I drove her to the hospital and they diagnosed her as possibly going into pre term labor. They monitored her contractions and did a lot of painful cervix checks. It kept changing. They told us we needed to stay the night for further observation.

Around 1:00 AM Meg started having really painful contractions. The nurse came in and did a final exam on Meg's cervix. She told us that she was dilated to 4+ centimeters and it was time to deliver the twins...

Wait, What????

An hour later the twins were born!












The babies were born about 6 weeks early. They need a little help breathing right now but they are doing awesome. Baby A is 4 lbs. 15 oz. Baby B is 4 lbs. 8 oz.


My Mom couldn't be here to celebrate with us but she did manage to make a baby blanket before she died. Technically, this blanket wasn't originally meant for us but when my Mom got sick, my sister Dawn made sure that it would be, with my Mom's blessing of course.





No names yet but we are working on it.

8 comments:

Dawn said...

Congratulations!! You and Meg will be amazing parents. Probably because you both have great parents.

Mom was surely missed last night.
I would like to think that she was with the boys moments before they arrived on earth. I am glad you have a something to wrap your babies in, made by Mom.

It was such an awesome night!

Debbie said...

We are praying for you and Megan and the boys. They are just beautiful babies!

Becky, yep said...

Wow Josh and Megan...what a night! I'm SO glad you posted about it and pictures of your sweet new sons!

Welcome to the world Baby A Dorius and Baby B Dorius!

Can't wait to meet you!!!

Courtney said...

Congrats You guys!! I am so happy for you! I wish I knew what hospital you were at I would come visit.. take care!!

amanda said...

ha joshie this is jane thos babys are so cuoot

Zackira's said...

I love the pictures, I love the babies, and I love you all!

Anonymous said...

Megan and Josh...We are so Happy for you.What an Amazing story. Like others have said, so glad that you have started blogging again.At this point I think that Colin and Benjamin look pretty identical. They are just precious.I'm sure you are both still on "Cloud Nine"...Congratulations

Brandon Wilde said...

Fantastic! That is just mind-blowing.