Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Farewell 2008!!!

All I can say about bidding this year farewell is, "Good Riddance, You Swine!!!!" Not that some good didn't sneak out of this year. But all in all, I could have done without this one.

It's been a while since my last post and for that I apologize but like I said before, I have lost the will to write. (For some reason I feel like it now though.... strange.)

A lot has happened since my last post.

Halloween - I was an ape. I went trick or treating with the lovely Janey Bug who was Ariel (the little mermaid) and Tobe who was... Tobe.

November 11th - I turned 25. My wife assumed it would be a terrible day for me since it was the first without my Mom so she spoiled me to assure that it would be a positive day. It was. I received a Teddy Ruxpin as a sort of inside joke. There's a long story behind it, which has to do with christmas of 88 or 89 involving some tight underwear and a video camera.




Thanksgiving - Meg's mom and some relatives from Idaho came down and we ate a great feast. Also, my sister Amanda moved away to Indiana. I am really bummed out about it too.




After Thanksgiving - I did absolutely nothing except load packages into trucks. Double shift season began at UPS and I took advantage of some sweet over time.

Christmas - Another first without Mom but we got through it unscathed. I was, once again, spoiled. Lots of new video games. :) I drew a picture of my Mom with pastels and gave it to my Dad. Also, the grandkids, my brother, and I got to open our presents from my Mom. Each of us received a Build-a-Bear with a personalized voice message recorded by my Mom. It was very nice.



/>



Now we're approaching 2009 and I must say that I am looking forward to it. I already have made plans to visit my sister in Indiana in a couple weeks. Not a bad start. I hope we can contrast 2008 with a good year. We deserve one.

12 comments:

Dawn said...

Good to see you're back!!!
Great Post!!

Thanks for hangin today!

The Brannon Family said...

Wow, what a priceless gift... that had to be so special.

The picture you did of your mom is beautiful!

I too am glad to see a new post! It is always good to get an update.

Here is to 2009 being a better year than 2008!

Debbie said...

The teddy bear idea was so special. I love that!
Josh the picture you did of your mom looks just like her. She always sat like that. Great job! Here's to 2009!

Brooke said...

What a beautiful picture of your mom. I hope you all had a nice day, although I'm sure you had some hard moments. I still listen to the voice recording of my mom on Parker's build-a-bear all the time. What a treasure that is. Just a side note, make sure that you all get at least a couple of recordings of the message in your bears. We listened to ours so much that it started to get fuzzy before we took it in and got a new one recorded. You can take the recording into a build-a-bear store and buy a new recording device and just record the message onto the new recorder. Does that even make sense.(: As always, you guys are in my thoughts and my heart.

The Scooby Family said...

That build a Bear idea was a great present! That is so neat!

I love that picture of your mom that is beautiful!

Hope you have a good Year josh!

Zackira's said...

I think you could have let me read this on your WII last night. I already told you that I love the drawing but I think I will tell you again, LOVE IT! I don't think Zack was kidding about the painting, there is no creativity involved in that though. Perhaps we could make it creative.

The Gatherum Family said...

You guys do deserve a better year and hopefully this is it. Glad you are back Josh, I love reading your posts. Hope you are doing okay. You and your family have been in my thoughts. I know that holidays are so hard.
Adrian

amanda said...

Thank you for updating. It helps me feel not so far away. And did I tell you we CAN"T WAIT FOR YOU GUYS TO COME:):):)

Kenzie said...

update my boy!!! :) tell people about my blog please!! later

Alyssa said...

Thanks for posting. Dawn reminded me about your blog, and it was a joy to see some photos of your family over the holiday. Oh and thanks for all your overtime work at UPS. It is because of people like you that our Christmas was so enjoyable; to be able to receive shipped packages, letters and special notes from loved ones back home in Utah. I, too, love the picture of your mom. You have such a talent. You also have such a beautiful wife. I like the photo of Megan bustling about the kitchen. It appears so natural to her. Have a great 2009. Alyssa Hanzon (Dawn and Aarons friend in FL)

Anonymous said...

Josh, it's so nice to have you back. Your blog was so helpful., during the very difficult time with your mom. Each one of you in the Dorius family are amazing. Your strength reaches to the rest of us. Thanks again.

amanda said...

josh i lov gramo