Saturday, March 28, 2009

I'd Settle For A Phone Call...

What was I doing a year ago? Probably playing Call of Duty 4, hanging out with friends, going to movies, spending time with my fam, working.....

Nowadays, I look at my daily routine and it's pretty much the same as it was a year ago. I still can't get enough Call of Duty. I still work at UPS every night doing what I've done for the past five years. And I still wake up late and go meet someone from my family for lunch. Same basic routine. Except back then I could (and would) hear a comforting voice whenever I wanted every day. It was just a phone call away. And when I would hear it I wouldn't feel any different, but if I could hear it now I would be freaking out. It wasn't a huge part of my day. It was taken for granted. But it was there every day. And I miss it more than anything right now.

5 comments:

amanda said...

I miss it too Joshie--more than you will ever know. It sucks. I took it for granted too. I'd give anything for a phone call:(
I miss home. But I miss the "home" that was familiar and comforting.

Brooke said...

As I said one day one facebook. I really think you should be able to get phone calls from heaven on Christmas and mother's day. I would give anything to be able to talk to my mom again too. I used to actually pick up my phone to call her for a split second. I'm so sorry your family has to go through this too.

Dawn said...

DITTO!!!

I miss her so much. Like Manda, I miss our old life. It was so easy and fun. Hardly a worry. Nothing is comfortable anymore.

Dang her for leaving...

Debbie said...

Hi Josh, Change it the only constant in earth life. It seems death becomes part of your life, doesn't it?
What I hear about you, Josh is the love and admiration of your sisters for you. It seems you are the rock. Tell Megan hello.

jenn said...

Oh how I wish I could just call her once in a while and ask her what to do, or just hear her say "Hi, hon..", or tell her something I did good and know she was so proud of me. No one makes me feel like that any more. I just need a quick "fix" and then I am sure I could carry on for a few more months. Now I don't know how to carry on from day to day. Everyone needs their mom, even when you are old like me. I miss her more and more every day. I am just so glad we all have each other. Hang in there, we understand and we love you.