Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Another Good Day: Farewell To Chemo

I just got home from work and I'm tired so this won't be too long. Today was a huge improvement from the day before. My Mom seems to like having good days every other day. That's the pattern. I don't know why she doesn't just want to have good days every day. Oh well that's her choice. : )

Today her friend Debbie brought her a new chair to try to sleep in. It's a massage chair so she can lean forward and breathe better. She seems to like it.

Photobucket

She remained positive all day and even helped Megan get some extradition work done so she will be good and ready for Arizona. Since Megan and I are going solo now. :/

Photobucket

Megan and I left feeling good that my Mom had such a great day. We haven't been home too much this past week so our house hasn't been cleaned in a while. When we got home though, it was spotless. Someone had cleaned our house for us. It was Meg's two sisters, Jen and Carly. That was very nice of them. It really brings me up to see nice people doing nice things. I guess this horrible disease can bring out some good. Thanks again for all your help, prayers, etc.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

What is family for??? I think you are right Josh about bad bring out the good in people. I asked Mom the other day, "What is the best thing about cancer?" She said, "Seeing how good my family and friends really are." We have all been blessed with such kindness. Megan is amazing and so are her sisters. Sounds like we are going to have another bad day. Patterns... grrrrr. I am heading to Mom's now - see you there!

Becky, yep said...

HOORAY for good days! keep 'em coming!

Brooke said...

I'm so glad your mom had a good day!

Brooke said...

PS-Thanks so much for you comment on my blog, Dawn! I am in awe of how well you all are doing and how you've all rallied around your mom. I have always liked your family alot, but never knew how truely amazing you all are. I just hope I can help you guys in any way that you need.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Josh - I am so glad you are doing this for all of us so that we can all stay updated. What a great family you guys have. We love your family and we hope for lots more good days.