Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The fight is still on...

Wow. It's 2:45 AM, I just got home from a hellishly dull night at work and I'm still excited about how great today was. What a difference a day can make. My mom seems to have a little fighting spirit in her again. Not much, but enough to notice. I went over to her house and she was doing her extradition work and playing with Aly (my niece who's almost 1) while my sister Amanda cleaned. Then I ran some errands and my mom actually wanted to come with me! We ate lunch at around 1:00 and then my woman Megan came to do some extradition work and before we knew it, it was 5:00 and my mom still had a good amount of stamina. This doesn't sound very exciting but I can't tell you enough just how happy I was to see my mom back on track. Compared to the day before, I assure you, THIS IS EXCITING! Then my dad came home and we ate dinner and planned our trip to Arizona next week. My mom still wants to come and I hope she will. If she keeps having good days like these, then maybe I will get to have a nice vacation with my mom. I'll keep my fingers crossed. : )

I know that things are bad. I know that I'll have really crappy days seeing my mom struggle. I know that I'm not supposed to get my hopes up too high but I don't care. If we are going to do this on a day-to-day basis then I want to celebrate the good days. My hopes are high. It would take a lot to bring me down right now. I haven't felt this good in a long time. Maybe my mom will stick around longer than the stupid statistics are telling me.

Photobucket

7 comments:

amanda said...

Keep talking like that. We gotta get mom's spirits out of the dumps. You are good for her. You take such good care of her and I know she appreciates it.

Dawn said...

Yeah! It worked. It's Dawn, or ut halls. I have tried for weeks to leave comments on Manda's blog - I couldn't get the right password, DUH!
You are awesome, Josh! Thanks for calling to tell me Mom had a good day. It is the little things you do and say. We love you and are proud to have such a "nice guy" as a brother. We can all learn a lot from you.

Debbie said...

I am loving this blog, Josh.

You are an amazing writer, (and artist!)I know who your mom is appreciating you right now and I can see why.

Thanks for the "upper"!

Becky, yep said...

I'm with my Mom...thanks for chronicling this, I know it's hard... but I feel like I can't get enough information.

The Gatherum Family said...

Hey Josh,
I am a friend of Amanda's. I have been keeping up with you guys through her blog. You NEED to keep celebrating the good days and cling to them and to hope. It will help you all get through. Just wanted you to know that I am thinking and praying for your family and your cute mom! Adrian Gatherum

Unknown said...

F*** the statistics! My "prayers" are with you and your mother.

Shauna said...

We are all glad to hear more news and hope and pray for good news to come.