Friday, June 27, 2008

A Nice Day at the Lake

I took another day off today. I don't have anything new to say about my Mom except that she seems to be having a great day. A bunch of her friends (quilting club) stopped by this afternoon which brought her up. She also went for a drive with my Dad. I'll have to call her again to see how her evening is going but her afternoon sounded pretty good. She is improving very gradually. I'm just happy she's not getting worse.

Today was nice for me as well. I went with My sisters Amanda and Dawn out to Utah Lake on Dawn's boat. We had a great time. My Dad stayed home to take care of my Mom so I didn't feel too guilty taking yet another day off. We attached a big tube to the boat by a rope and pulled each other around the lake. Even Tobe, my 3 year old nephew took a ride. It was really fun.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm going over to my Mom's tomorrow morning for a haircut so I'm getting ready for some more good news. I hope she has a good night and gets a lot of sleep. Hopefully she will continue to push herself to get back to a more normal lifestyle.

4 comments:

amanda said...

It was a fun day at the lake. Good thing dad was there for mom. Now mom...GET BETTER!!!
I'll see you tomorrow. Thanks again for being so good to mom and the rest of our family:)

Dawn said...

What a Blast we had today!! I wish Megan could have been there to see you ride the waves. Next Week??!!! It seems like Mom is trying to do more and more each day. I wish and pray for so many things. At first, I asked for big things for Mom and now just a few good hours would be nice. I HATE Cancer! Hopefully, she will continue to do more and feel just a bit better. I miss her old peppy-self. In time...In time... Thanks again for coming today. It was fun!

Debbie said...

It was a great day for the lake. Looks so fun!

Brooke said...

Glad to see that your family had a good time at the lake and glad to hear that your mom had a good day too! Keep those coming!