Friday, June 13, 2008

Finally! The crap days payoff!!!

Today was great!!! Finally!!! I went to my Mom's house at around 9:30 this morning to find her not in her chair. Not hunched over struggling for air. Not wincing in pain. "I'm in the bathroom brushing my teeth!" She yelled. I could already tell that her voice had a healthy tone to it. I peeked my head in and she was standing there at her sink with a smile on her face. Yes!!! Improvement!! She still spent a good amount of the afternoon in her chair but not the whole day. Most of her day was spent near her computer visiting with her kids. Megan even dropped Jane (one of the many grandkids) off to stay with us and being the dork that I am, I fell asleep while my Mom babysat her. I woke up panicking, thinking I let my guard down in a moment of weakness that my Mom would have to pay for but, there she was watching cartoons with her granddaughter still smiling. Most of my sisters made appearances throughout the day starting with Dawn and Aaron, followed by Jenn and Amanda with special guests Jessica, Tobe and Aly. (More grandkids) and nobody could bring my Mom down. She was strong and held her own. She loves all of us and we all bring her spirits up so high. She truly is the center of our family. The glue holding us together. She finished her day by heading downstairs for dinner. (She hasn't been downstairs for almost 2 days.) After dinner I gave her a blessing and left her feeling happy.

Photobucket
I caught her playing freecell today. This is her favorite game and I always used to catch her playing it when she said she was working. This brought back some good memories. It's good to have my Mom back. : )

Thank you to everyone who prays for her. Everyone who thinks of her. Everyone who visits her and brings her dinner. Everyone who sends her flowers. Everyone who does her yard work for her (I really appreciate that one.) Everyone who has stayed so close with her throughout her life. She would not be having such great days without all of her reasons to live. You know who you are. Thanks again.

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow! What a great day. So different than yesterday. Miracles happen! Pray, pray, pray.

Dawn said...

Finally!! She looked so much better today. She deserves a decent day (and so do you). We can't even imagine how miserable it is for her, all we know is how miserable it is for us to watch. A good day means the world. Keep doing what you are doing, Josh.

amanda said...

She did look good. Our prayers are being answered. Thanks for taking such good care of her.
We need to keep the faith and hope for more good days.

The Gatherum Family said...

YAY! I want to burst into HAPPY TEARS! That is SO awesome...You guys are such a great family and you are right, your mom loves you all so much (it's what mom's do right :) and you can and will help her to keep her fighting spirit and not give up. I am so happy you guys had such a great day!

Shauna said...

Yay for a good day. That is good to hear, thank you Josh for posting.

Anonymous said...

It was so nice to see her smiling face. She looked at peace, and looked strong. We continue our thoughts and prayers for many more "good" days to come.

Becky, yep said...

I'm anxious to see many more posts like this one!
Josh...you seem so strong thru this, you all do! I'm sure your Mom is drawing off that!