Sunday, June 29, 2008

Keeping The Faith Through The Hardest Times

It's getting hard to write anything new lately. My Mom hasn't had a great weekend. A lot of ups but mostly downs. She says she's not in a lot of pain, but she is extremely weak. I think it's mainly because she's not eating very much. She's lost a lot of weight and it's showing drastically.

Today Megan and I went over at around noon. My Mom was up in her usual spot in her bedroom. She was feeling really sad and felt that she hasn't kept her spirits high enough to receive any blessings that she has been asking for. She broke down and cried and I knelt down next to her and hugged her and told her that I absolutely knew that she would get better. She looked up at me with tears running down her face and asked if I really had the faith, and I said "Yes, Mom I do." She wiped her eyes and said that made her feel a little better. I just want her to stay positive and keep her own faith that she will recover. I don't want her to lose her will to live. I gave her another hug and asked her what sounded good to eat and she said she wanted a snow cone so I went and got her one. Tiger's blood, her favorite flavor. She ate the whole thing and took a nap.

My sister Amanda and her family came over for with dinner. It was her birthday yesterday and she wanted to spend an evening with her Mother. My Mom was debating whether or not she could come downstairs to join us. After a few minutes she decided that she needed to change her scenery and overcome the fear to walk downstairs. She made it and we had a great dinner with Manda's family. After dinner we all sat around the table and just talked. I began to notice a huge change in my Mom's mood. She seemed happier, stronger, and healthier. She loves her family and really enjoys spending time with us. My niece, Jane broke out her "Old Maid" card game and played it with my Mom. It was awesome to watch her play with her grandchildren like she used to.

Photobucket

I am looking forward to see what this week brings. I will be going to my Mom's everyday and I will do my best to keep her happy. I hope by the end of the week she will be strong and healthy. I DO know that she will feel better. We just need her to get passed the effects of her first chemo treatment and keep praying for the best.

2 comments:

amanda said...

I think the blessing that Brett gave her helped her realize that she HAS to keep the faith. It's really all we have right now. She will get better. Let's treat her like she will and pray our guts out and she just might be here for many more years.
Thanks again to you and Megan for watching our kids. You truly are the BEST!!

Debbie said...

Josh, you are a strong man and we are so proud of you. You keep the faith and help your mom. Your faith strengthens her. We are praying everyday that she overcomes this hurdle and moves on. She has a hard battle, but she will do it. We all love your folks, and your family.