Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Let the healing begin...

Today my mom's chemo arrived on her doorstep. She can finally start treating her cancer!! Not much else happened today. We did a lot of extradition work to get ready for the conference in Arizona next week. I'm getting really excited to go. (This place is just too depressing.) Megan will be handling most of the conference by herself and we all hope she's ready. I think she'll do fine. I just really hope my mom will come too. But if she can't that's ok. That's why God invented cell phones. : )

I'm really excited for my mom to start chemo tonight. I know her energy will be drained but that just means the medicine is doing its job shrinking those damned tumors in her lungs. I can't wait for the day that she can make it up her stairs without stopping for minutes at a time to catch her breath. That is really hard to watch.

I just want to thank everybody for their nice comments. This is becoming a great therapy for me and it feels good to hear feedback from genuine people who care. My mom needs all of us right now. She is not quite as excited to start treatment as we are for her, but I really feel that it will help. It better...

3 comments:

amanda said...

It WILL help her feel better. We are due for some more good news so it's time to get her feeling better. I used to pray that she'd be cured, now I pray for baby steps along the way. Like, "please help her feel good for just one day." So join in. Pray that tomorrow will be a good day.

The Gatherum Family said...

I agree with Amanda. (Sorry to comment so much on your blog but you are a great writer...:) Anyways, celebrate the victories no matter how small and keep praying for baby steps. Here's sending good vibes and postive feelings your way...Adrian

Debbie said...

Tired she may be, but that's OK if the breathing gets easier. (The first part sounded like Yoda.) God bless your MOM.