Thursday, June 26, 2008

Home Again

Megan and I arrived back home in Salt Lake last night. It's good to be back. We enjoy vacations but it's always nice to come home. I missed my Mom a lot but I was with all of her friends so it didn't feel like I was far. Megan did a great job handling the conference for her.
Photobucket
She even had my Mom's reading glasses so nobody would notice she wasn't there.

I'm sitting in my old seat next to my Mom to help her again. I really wanted her to be back on track to recovery from the chemo but it still seems to be having its effect on her. How long does this stuff take? She still can't move very far without wearing herself out. Her appetite seems to be improving a little but not much. I'm beginning to get frustrated again. Hopefully as the day goes on she'll start to get some energy. My sisters who took care of her while I was gone said she improved a lot. She would get up and walk around during the day and sometimes she would even go downstairs. I hope she can continue to do this. I would like to see it. I really want her to be able to go to lunch or a movie. Anything but sitting in her room. I feel so bad for her. I know she doesn't like confinement. I hope she has energy to take on the next round of chemo. I'll do my best to help get her there.

3 comments:

The Gatherum Family said...

Welcome Back Josh! Chemo is nasty, that is all there is to it, it seems to me that things always seem to be worse at first with chemo BEFORE they get better. It's tough to watch I know, but if she can stay strong and build up her resistence and energy, I just KNOW it's gonna help her! Hope you have a good day...Adrian

amanda said...

Good to have you back. I wish there was something we could do to make it all better, kinda like she has always done for us, but we are so helpless in this fight. It's all gotta be up to her. Be patient, she'll get there.

Debbie said...

I am glad you guys are back. It sounds like you did a GREAT job. What a help you are to your mom.