Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Conference in Scottsdale (So Far..)

I'm in Scottsdale Arizona right now. The conference started today (I'm actually sitting in the lobby of the hotel in the middle of everything right now.) and Megan is trying her best to fill my Mom's shoes. My Mom usually throws this whole thing together and we're learning fast just how much everyone relies on her. "It's just not the same without Kathy!" is the usual phrase around here. But Megan is doing a great job. We have made great friends with everyone here. I have been calling my Mom every now and then to check up on her. She has sounded great. I put her friends on the phone to talk to her and they all say how great she sounds. I think my Mom is lonely and feels better when she has contact with her friends and family. From what I've heard, she is improving slowly. She moved downstairs for a change which says a lot. After living basically in her bedroom for a week it should be nice to see some new scenery. I guess she also went for a drive with my Dad. That makes me really happy. I don't want her to stay in her house for the rest of her life. I just want her to be back to normal. No matter how long it takes.

I'm having a great time. I'm hearing a bunch of funny stories about my Mom that I've never heard. (Some involving toilet paper.) We have visited some sweet places like old town Scottsdale that looks like a western town. We also spent a day in Sedona which has awesome mountains and scenery and we ate the best pizza ever there. It's fun to be able to help and I hope we do half as good of a job my Mom usually does. I miss her so much but I'm glad to keep hearing her voice and hope she keeps her spirits up.

Photobucket
-These are all of my Mom's friends from the NAEO.

Photobucket
See Mom, they're not too old. I think you should do this in Boston.

Photobucket

Photobucket
- Sightseeing in Sedona.

Photobucket
I love you Mom!

3 comments:

amanda said...

I miss her too. She says you are having a blast. I hope so. Megan is so sweet to take this on. You guys are the best. Can't wait to see you again, same place same time:)

Debbie said...

Well, after tending for 5 days, I must say, I am JEALOUS. The pool, the sightseeing, the restuarants. (Maybe not the work.) I am glad you are having a break in HOT AZ. See you soon, Josh.

Dawn said...

Hey Josh - you and Megan are "THE BEST". I am amazed at what you tackled. You did it! I love the toilet paper story - I know that one LOL!! The pictures...Oh the people Mom and Dad surround themselves with... Ha ha!
Now that we are all back in town - "Party at Mom's??" See you there!