Thursday, June 19, 2008

Arizona Bound

Well, I'm sitting at my Mom's house right now getting the last minute things ready for the NAEO conference in AZ. My Mom had a pretty rough day yesterday and it seemed like a struggle for her to get through. Like I said before, that's the pattern. Today is a little better. She had a great morning with my Dad and when I arrived she started to lose her energy a little. She is weak but she is pushing herself. Her will power is getting stronger. She wanted to check her email in her office and thought hard about it and said, "I can do this! I need to move around." She stood up and made the trip with a feeling of accomplishment. Good job Mom! Keep doing that!

I have to leave her for a week. I have mixed feelings about this. It will be a great trip and I can't wait to relax, but I'm scared to leave her. I don't want to be away in case anything happens. I have spent the last week by her side and I know I'll miss her. My sisters, Ashley and Jenn will be here to take care of her though. My Dad will also take work off so she will be and great hands.

Hopefully Megan and I will do her proud as we take on her job. We are nervous but really excited. I'll have my computer and I'll try to keep these updates going while I'm gone. I love you Mom. See you in a week!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Becky, yep said...

Good luck Josh...Be Safe!

amanda said...

Have fun Josh. Enjoy your break and mom will be okay without us for a while. Tell Megan Good luck!!

Dawn said...

Hey Josh,
I am feeling the same way about leaving. Although knowing you and Manda, and Jenn will be away for a while too, gives me some sort of comfort -in a distorted way. Nothing can happen, too many of us are gone... She is in great hands with Dad and Ashley. She will miss you! Good luck with the conference. Megan is so good at getting the job done - you both will be great! I love you buddy and am so proud of you and all you do for Mom and the rest of us. Enjoy the heat! (Wear sunscreen - :) ha ha) See you when you get back!

The Gatherum Family said...

Enjoy your trip and your break Josh. You need it and deserve it! Have a safe trip-I am sure everything will be fine until you get back. You are seriously AWESOME!

Debbie said...

Good luck Josh and Megan! I hope it is a good time for you guys as you learn the ropes. We'll check on your Mom also.