Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July

Today was fun though Mom didn't feel too great. She woke up last night at around 4 in the morning and took a sleeping pill so she could fall asleep again but she was still feeling the effects throughout most of the morning and into the afternoon. She had no energy all day because of it.

My sisters came over to celebrate the 4th of July and, like all of our parties, they brought a lot of food. It was a lot of fun and Mom decided to come downstairs early to spend time with everyone. She stayed pretty quiet and we could all tell that she wasn't feeling well today. Not like the past few days. She had a really nice visit with Chuck and Diane, her aunt and uncle who she absolutely loves. After they left she cried feeling very emotional. They are great people and she loves when they come to see her. After dinner we had a nice time talking about funny memories and good ol' times. We did this while we waited for it to get dark. When it did we got ready to light fireworks. Mom decided not to come out so we took her upstairs to watch us from out her window. Getting up the stairs was a struggle for her and it's one of the hardest things for me to watch. My Mom should be able to do whatever she wants. I hate how restricted she is. She stayed by the window all night watching and laughing with us.

I hope tomorrow is better. I kind of liked posting about positive days. Thank you to everyone reading this for all your prayers, meals, visits, etc. It really does help knowing how many people care. Thanks again.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

I think the holidays can be hard. I am glad her favorite aunt and uncle stopped over. I bet today is a better day for her. Those stairs seem like a huge obstacle course, don't they, Kath?

amanda said...

I pray for more good days. It's no fun to see her just sit there, quiet, and feeling yucky. Those stairs are awful but she is so good to come down to be with us. We will, somehow, get through this:(

Dawn said...

It is always nice to be together. I love to see Chuck and Diane too. Mom loves them so much. I look forward to seeing their daughters later this week. I am excited to see the Tyler family as well this Monday. Visits from friends and family not only make Mom and Dad happy but they put a smile on our faces too.
She didn't feel well yesterday but for some reason looked really pretty. Many people said that - you are beautiful Mom -inside and out. I love you.
I am hoping today is a better day. I wish Mom didn't have to feel so awful. Hopefully, today will be less challenging.

Becky, yep said...

Through all this I'm *Not* surprised to see how tight your family is! You've always been so...but now more than ever! It's impressive!

Brooke said...

Aren't my grandparents the best!(: I know that they love your mom so much too. I hope today is better for your mom.