Monday, July 7, 2008

What Do We Do Now?

Today started out rough. My Mom seemed to be exhausted all morning and afternoon and she just couldn't keep her eyes open. Our friends the Tylers came over and brought us lunch which was really nice. My Mom loves to visit with them. Debby Tyler is her best friend and when she comes to visit my Mom seems a little happier. My sisters got to hang out with their old friends too so it turned out to be a nice little party. After lunch my Mom's hospice nurse stopped by to check on her and gave us a few new suggestions to give her more energy. We decided that my Mom has pushed herself a little too hard the last few days and needs a little down time. We helped her into bed and my sister, Jenn gave her a foot and leg massage which made her feel nice and relaxed. She fell asleep and had a nice nap for a few hours. She woke up feeling great but she decided to stay in bed for the rest of the day which we were all fine with. I think she had a good enough rest so she should be able to go to the Temple tomorrow to see her daughter, Ashley get sealed to her husband. I hope tomorrow will be a good day. I'm sure it will.



2 comments:

Becky, yep said...

A very nice day for us! It was so nice to see you all! I'm glad she got in a good nap and took it easy! I hope today goes perfectly!

Shauna said...

What a nice day it was. It was so nice to visit with your mom and just listen to how she feels about all of this. She has a strong spirit and is so beautiful. It was fun to see Dawn and your whole family and to talk and laugh. Hope you have a good day today with Ashley and Rob.