Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Adam's Home!!!

Today was very eventful. It was my first time spending the night back in my parents' house. It was also the day my little brother Adam came home from Peru. My Mom was excited to see him again but she was even more excited that our family would now be complete.

This morning she was feeling pretty good. I wouldn't say it was as good as the day before, but still much much better than any day last week. My sister Dawn came over to help out with a few things my Mom needed. She cleaned up my Mom's room for her and got her medications in order. Then my Mom took a shower and decided to put on a dress so she'd look nice for Adam when he came home. Dawn helped her wash her hair and even put some makeup on her. She looked beautiful! The rest of my sisters arrived and we waited for Adam together.

My Dad's car pulled up at around 2:00 and Adam was home. He was finally home. Our whole family was under one roof at last.


My Mom looked happy all day. We all stayed there for the whole day listening to Adam tell us about Peru. It was great. By the end of the day my Mom was still feeling great. After everyone was gone except for my sister Ashley, Adam, Meg and my parents, we sat around the living room to relax. Adam took out his guitar and played a song he wrote for my Mom while he was away. It was awesome, though it made us all cry. (We'll try to get it recorded and I'll hopefully be able to post it in the future.) Then we helped my Mom up the stairs and to her bed. She was still feeling good even though her day must have been exhausting. We said goodnight and left her to get some sleep. It was a great day. Welcome home Adam!

6 comments:

The Gatherum Family said...

Glad to hear you guys had another good day Josh. I love the last picture of your mom, she looks peaceful and happy in it. You guys continue to be in my prayers.

amanda said...

I'm so glad Adam is home now. And I'm glad you will be there to help mom but also dad and Adam. They all need you now.
Those pictures are great. I want copies of them.

Dawn said...

What an awesome day!! Mom looked great. It was a day we will all remember. I love being there. It seems each day I wake up and can't wait to get over to Mom and Dad's house. I love spending time with my mom and my family. I will see you in a few minutes. Hopefully, another great day today!!

Debbie said...

Good pictures, Josh! Those are keepers. It will be good for Kathy and Earl to have you guys home now. See you soon.

Debbie said...

OK, I am back for more. I keep thinking about your pictures.

I love the joy you can see on Kathy and Adam's faces. Josh, that makes me think of the joy we will have when we meet our family and friends in heaven.

Brooke said...

I'm so glad that your family is all together now. I know that despite the circumstances it must be wonderful to have everyone together again. I'm sure your mom is loving it too.