Monday, July 7, 2008

Family Photos

The pattern is back. One day is good, the next is bad. Yesterday Mom didn't feel great. She was tired all day. She also seemed a little down. But who could blame her? I'm brought down by all of this and I'm not the one who's sick. My Mom woke up and just couldn't find any energy to hold on to all day.

My Brother, Dad and I arranged for her to take the sacrament at home since she can't go to church. It was nice and she seemed very happy. Then her bishop and stake president gave her a blessing which helped her to feel a little better. My whole family did a fast for her so they came over at around 6:00 to break it. We had dinner and then we had family pictures taken in our front yard which turned out to be an all dayer. My Mom patiently waited while all of us had individual family pictures taken, then we brought her out to the front porch for the photos with her. We got some good ones and I'm excited to receive them. After we were done with pictures we had cake and everyone packed up their kids to go home. We took my Mom back up to her bedroom and had a family prayer with everyone. It was very emotional but it was good for all of us to be there. We said good night and my Mom went to bed.





I hate that I'm getting used to this. This isn't how life should be. We shouldn't have to worry about the smallest things like being a little tired. But my Mom's mood now affects all of us and if she's not happy, we worry. I just feel awful every time I watch her climb her stairs every night. It's such a struggle for her. I've heard time and time again that this is the Lord's will but I just can't see myself ever finding it acceptable to say goodbye to my Mom. But she keeps living every day and never seems to regret anything. She keeps loving life and that makes me happier than anything right now. Everything else just seems petty. Keep going Mom! You are a trooper!

6 comments:

amanda said...

Thank you for keeping this updated. I know many people look at it so keep it up. I have run out of words. I don't like talking about it anymore. I wish it would just go away.
It kills me to see mom the way she is. She is always the one who makes us feel better and now she is so sick she can't even do that. I miss my mom.
I'm praying so hard for good days. I really hope that today will be one of those good days because yesterday was too hard.

Debbie said...

What a beautiful family. So nice too. Everything will be ok. God knows. Hang in there.

Dawn said...

I wanted to say thank you to all the ward members, friends, and family, who has helped our family the past few months. We have learned so much about love and compassion. We all are so grateful for your service.

Our family is strong. We wish my mom could feel better and somehow be healed from this awful disease. But we know that our will is different from our Heavenly Father's. Although we struggle, in time, I know each of us will understand why this had to happen. Our testimonies are strong. My mom's testimony is amazing. Each day she continues to teach us about the gospel and plan of our father in heaven.

I want all of you to know that we believe whole heartedly that our family is eternal. Our faith is what is helping us each day. The spirit in my parents home is strong and filled with peace.

Please feel free to leave your comments. It is getting harder to receive visitors, but my family loves to read your kind messages and words of encouragement. We read them to my mom and she is also grateful for you love and comments.

Thank you Josh for writing. I know it is hard but we appreciate you so much.

Becky, yep said...

It was so calm at your house today! Amanda mentioned that everyone is anxious but it sure didn't feel that way to me!

Family pictures were a great idea! Everyone looks so good...especially Kathy!

Anonymous said...

We have felt so included, even though we are in Reno. Thank you Josh for your updates and heartfelt words. The family pictures are and will be priceless. We just watched the Dorius slide show that Dawn e-mail to us. The tears rolled down my cheeks. You all looked like angels, most especially you Kathy.

Misty Lewis said...

Josh,
Thanks so much for keeping all of us updated. I can imagine the "why" question always comes up and I just want you to know that one of the blessings is coming through your blog and the chance all of us have to grow and learn from your family's strength, love and faith. We've all been able to get to know you and your mom a little better and have grown in so much love and respect for your family. I hope my boys will love and appreciate me as much as you do your mom (kathy- please tell me how to make this happen!!) Your blog touches my heart everyday and we all wish you lots of love and comfort. Thanks for sharing with us! Misty