Sunday, July 20, 2008

This Is Where We Are, "Shut Up And Like It!"

Yesterday was OK. It started out the same as always with my Mom tired and down. She had some visitors throughout the day but she couldn't quite perk up. I think she had her eyes closed most of the day. I can tell that she's tired of this. We all are. But later on into the evening she started to feel a little better. Jenn came over to give her a foot massage. This was the only sense of relief I could see in her face all day. I helped her into bed which is just harder and harder (for her) every day. She keeps apologizing to my Dad and I when we do this but it's not hard for us at all but that just shows that she is still my Mom. She always worries about others before herself. She rules.


My Mom with the Tate family. She always talks about how much she loves her aunt Dianne and uncle Chuck.

I keep hoping for good days again but she continues to wear out more and more. She's so burned out by the end of the day with not much to burn in the first place so it's understandable. I'm just grateful to spend time with her. Every day that she is here IS a good day.

3 comments:

The Gatherum Family said...

You are an amazing person Josh, who comes from an obviously amazing family. You will be blessed for your service-hope you feel peace and comfort today.

Debbie said...

Josh, This is the hard part now. Your mom is so tired. But your family and especially you Josh are so strong. It is like you have a circle of love going on that supports you all. If one of you feels like falling back, the circle supports you. What a bond!

Debra Castor said...

Debbie Tyler gave me the link to your blog, Josh, and I'm so glad she did. Your words speak volumes about the way you were raised. Kathy and Earl created a loving, giving, responsible and dedicated family and you should be proud of that. You are all as strong as Kathy, you just don't realize it; thank her for that gift because that same strength will carry you through this very difficult time. Losing a parent is so hard - at any age, but just know Kathy is helping you every step of the way. Her love for you kids and Earl will be with you the rest of your lives. When I spoke to Kathy last week, there was such peacefulness in her voice. How wonderful that her faith in God has prepared her for the next step in her journey. She is a dear and wonderful person who will be missed terribly, but this isn't the end for her, it's just the beginning and she will ALWAYS be with you.