Tuesday, July 8, 2008

She Made It!!!

Another day another party. Today Mom woke up feeling like she did yesterday; unable to fully wake up. She spent the morning with a few of her kids. Manda came to clean the house and Dawn came to get my Mom ready for her day. Adam and I just hung around. (I guess we helped a little too.) My Mom wanted to have a good amount of energy for the day because today was a big day. My Mom's goal for a while has been to be able to go to the Temple to see Ashley get sealed to her husband Robert. Mom took an extra "green pill" (steroid) to give her an added boost of energy and I'd say it worked pretty well.

My Mom was a little nervous to leave the house but we pushed her just enough to make it. Adam and I helped her into the car and drove her to the Temple. She got out of the car with all of her family and a few friends there to help and with everyone's support, she did it! She accomplished her goal! She got to see her daughter get sealed! After it was over we all went back to the house and had a nice dinner party with everyone to celebrate the occasion. My Mom stayed happy and energetic the whole time. Her sister Barbara dropped by for a visit and she and my Mom had fun remembering old times. When it was over we helped her upstairs (the usual routine) and put her to bed. It was a great day.

Just when I think my emotions are smoothing out, they start to roller coaster again. Yesterday I was really discouraged. I want my Mom to stay with me forever and there are days where I'm just grasping to every minute with her. But then there are days like today where I know she is doing alright. I hope tomorrow she has a nice restful day and some good down time.

10 comments:

amanda said...

I'm so glad she made it. It goes to show how special her kids are to her because you know she was terrified to get out of the house but she did it!!! Now we need more important events to look forward to.

The Gatherum Family said...

I am so glad she made it! I have been crossing my fingers. I am happy you guys have had some good days that past little while.

Dawn said...

I agree with Amanda -- What's next??

I will always cherish the moments today. There have been special "moments" for all of us these past few days. Some have been personal and some enjoyed by the entire family. I am thankful we are given these moments to keep forever.

Mom would do anything for her children. Having my mom in the temple today meant so much to each of us but especially Ashley. I don't think we can comprehend what Mom had to go through to be there, and yet, she would have done whatever it took. That's who Mom is. Thanks Mom.

This was a day we will all remember.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I am so glad everything went well today so that you could all be in the temple together. I am glad she had a good day too.

Shauna said...

So glad she made it today. It sounds like it was an amazing family day.

Becky, yep said...

Congratulations to Ash and Robert! And Kathy! I'm sure she couldn't have done it without ALL of you!

Debbie said...

Congratulations to Ashley and Robert. What a special day for you!
In the temple you get a glimpse of the eternity of it all. It isn't just about this earth life, is it?

Unknown said...

Earl, Kathy & Family,
I am so glad that you were able to share a special day in the temple yesterday. Kathy, you are a strong person!
Josh, I'm your dad's cousin, Barbra. I am so grateful for your updates and appreciate your skill in telling this story.
Your family is in our prayers.

Debbie said...

Is the next thing to look forward to Ashley and Amanda on horses?

I just wish I could see Kathy on a horse! Any Dorius on a horse would be fun to see. Earl??

Steffi Walk said...

What beautiful, touching photos! Kathy eyes sparkle and you can see her beauty in each of her grandchildren and children. I especially liked the one of Kathy & Earl. I love you dear neighbors! Stefani Walker