Sunday, July 6, 2008

Kat Bean Spotted at Utah Lake?

Yesterday was great!!! I woke up and went into my Mom's room to check on her and she was sitting up in bed smiling (not from the drugs) and I already knew that she was feeling better. She ate breakfast and took her medications at good times so that her day wouldn't have too many ups and downs. The whole day was pretty smooth for her.

After breakfast my sisters and I all got together to go boating in Utah lake. We drove down together and my sisters set up a nice picnic area next to the lake while Aaron, Brett, Rob, Adam and I drove the boat and wave runners to the dock. We spent the whole day there taking turns on the wave runners or riding the tube attached to the boat. We ate lunch and hung out in the sun. Then my parents pulled up in their car and there was my Mom. She actually got out of her house to come spend time with us at the lake. She was nervous at first but when she got there it was all worth it. We were thrilled to have her there with us. They stayed for a couple hours and my Dad had fun driving the boat around. We all left feeling tired, sore, sunburned, but happy. When we got home I took a shower and Meg, Adam, Steph (Adam's girlfriend,) Manda and Dawn went to a neighborhood BBQ for dinner. It was nice to talk to people and I enjoyed giving good news about my Mom. We took some food back for my Mom and hung out for a little while longer and then took my Mom up the stairs, with a little more ease this time, and put her in her bed. Then we hung out in her room and talked. We reminisced about Ralph and Helen (my Mom's parents) and more funny memories. Then we said good night, my sisters left and I was out cold two minutes later. Busy day.

My Mom is trying her best to keep pushing herself. She wears herself out sometimes but she's always left feeling good. I hope she knows just how proud of her we all are. I can't imagine how this cancer is making her feel but she rarely lets it bring her mood down. She's always been such a great example of strength and it really shows now. She's got a great attitude and I hope I can model myself after her.

3 comments:

amanda said...

I like the new picture on your profile:)
I as so happy mom came to the lake. It was so nice to have her there doing something fun.
She really is a trooper. She has always been that way and I really admire her strength. I hope today will be a good day because we are all fasting for her. Feel the love mom:)

Dawn said...

Josh, I am glad I got to be there today to listen to your testimony. You have always made Mom and Dad proud. You have been a great example to all of us, especially these past two months, of selflessness. You got Mom's best trait. You are lucky!

I love you Josh and Megan. I have been so impressed with Megan and her genuine love for Mom, Dad, and our family. Josh is blessed to have you.

Yesterday was fun. We will do it again soon. Thanks to everyone who came to share the day with us - Larry & Andy, Adam & Jen & Carly, & Craig. We love having friends and family. The more the merrier!

I hope today we can catch some great moments on film. "Smile Pretty" is what Mom always says. Thanks Mindy for taking pictures for us today.

See everyone in a while!

Mary said...

Kathy, that is so great that you got to go to the lake and enjoy your family. Thank you for sharing this blog with us. It is so wonderful to see the love in your family, what a wonderful mother and wife you are, a great example to us. It was so nice to visit you last week, me and Ann felt the spirit so strong in your home. We love you.