Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Another Good Day...

Today was another good one. I woke up at seven to go help my Mom with her letters. She wants to write letters for her kids and my Dad but she can't write them herself because of the tumor in her hand, so we decided to have her speak into a recorder for us, which in my opinion is better. I went into her room and she said "Let's sleep in til about nine." I said, "I don't know Mom, I already got 3 hours of sleep it might be hard to get a few more..." Yeah we were both out cold two seconds later. We woke up and after I figured out the mp3 player/recorder we started to record her letters. She started with my Dad's and it was very hard for me to listen to but I am so glad that I could hear it. We will always have the files on our computers, but I will always have the memory of sitting with her alone and listening to her recording the messages to her kids and husband. It was cool. She was a little sleepy for most of the morning but then she took her medication (which I think we have finally figured out) and she started to perk up. She enjoyed more family company and foot massages all day. We had our usual routine of eating dinner in her room with her. After dinner she asked for another blessing. This was cool because it was her first one with just her boys. Adam, Dad and I gave her the blessing, said family prayer and said good night. She looked very content with life and told us that, this desease has brought her what she loves the most...relaxing with her family.


Today I found Jenn rubbing my Mom's feet and Tobe rubbing Jenn's feet. It was funny.

4 comments:

Shauna said...

What a good thing to hear about 2 good days for your mom, hopefully there are more to come.

Dawn said...

The letters are treasures. We are lucky to have had the most amazing mom in the world. Either we were really great in the pre-existence and earned her or we were really bad and He needed to send us to the very best. :) Either way, I feel pretty lucky.
Thanks for the letters, Mom.

Ann said...

Do you rent out Tobe? I think I would like to hook up with your foot rub train. Such a cute picture. I will be happy that you will get to meet my one and only grandchild - Logan. He is right up there with yours, loving, sweet, considerate and of course good looking.

I am getting excited to get on the old California Zephr two weeks from today. It has been about five years since I have seen you. How fast time flies.

The love in your home radiates from your face....how lucky you are to have such a loving family....no it's not luck...it's all the hours, the worries, the teaching, the comforting, the sewing, the cooking, etc. etc. you have done for them all these years. Now it is your pay back time.

George wrote you a fantastic blog and hit the wrong key...he gets discouraged when the computer doesn't do what he wants it to do...but I will try and have him do it again.

Mean while, he sends his love with my love. See ya in 16 days!!!!

Jillie Ann

Debbie said...

That Tobe is a very good boy. When I was tending, everytime Kami's baby cried, he ran to get the bottle. He loves to help. That is a very cute picture.